Search This Blog

11/5/09

Getting acquainted (and why I think frugality is important)

A little about me: I have been married to my wonderful Hubster since June 2007. I am a former Chemist who is now a stay at home Mommy with my little Doodle-bug. My family lives in NC.

And, I was cheap (um, I mean frugal...) long before saving money was cool.

That being said, I am not insane when it comes to frugality. I do not make my own laundry detergent, use cloth diapers on my baby (in fact, we use Pampers - GASP!), or go to 7 grocery stores per week. However, we do not have satellite or cable TV, I search out free activities with reckless abandon, and I do a little happy dance when I get free samples in the mail.

Frugality takes time and effort; but, it has high rewards. Regardless of our income, I feel that making responsible financial decisions is significant because we are called to be good stewards of the Lord's resources. To each person/family, He has given us a certain amount of money, time, etc. and has said, "Be good stewards with what I have granted you." I have held this command in high regard since I was very young and still think about it regularly.

(On a related note, there WILL be a post about tithing at some point. For now, my official statement is this: Tithing is not a suggestion, people!! In case you couldn't tell, this is a soapbox of mine; it will be revisited later on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment